Located 7 miles west of Medora via I-94 and ¼ mile north at exit 18.
- Scenic features include prairie dog town and paved trail to scenic Badlands vista
- Two comfort stations with sinks and flush toilets
- One vault toilet
- 75 person picnic shelter
- 11 water hydrants
- 37 camping sites
- Five campsites can be reserved at recreation.gov for April 6 to Sept 4. The remainder are first come first serve.
- 5 handicap accessible camping units
- 3 coin operated showers.
- All roads and camping spurs are paved
- Host is available May through August
- Nightly fee at Buffalo Gap campground is $20,00 per site.