Turn west on Road 712 at the Magpie Camp sign, located 1.5 miles north of Fairfield on Highway 85. Travel 15.5 miles on gravel Road 712. The campground is located ¼ mile northeast off Road 712. The spur trail to Magpie Campground is between Mile Post 105 and 106 on the MDHT.
- A short, scenic trail accesses the Maah Daah Hey Trail to the southeast
- A day use parking lot adjacent to the Maah Daah Hey Trail is located ½ mile south of the campground
- Convenient access to Devil’s Pass and the Ice Caves
- Well shaded campsites for hot summer months
- 11 single unit camp spurs
- Camping spurs including picnic table, fire ring and parking area
- Potable water via water well, hand pump
- Horse friendly camp with hitch rail facilities
- Handicap accessible toilets
- Camping fee is $10.00. First come, first serve. No reservations.