From Camel Hump (Sentinel Butte) Exit 10 on I-94, go west and northeast 15.5 miles on County Road 11 to Road 708. Then travel 11.5 miles north and east on Road 708 to Road FH2, then east 1 mile to the camp entrance. The spur to the Elkhorn Campground is between Mile Posts 85 and 86 on the MDHT.
- Elkhorn camp is in a scenic canyon 2 1/2 miles west of the Theodore Roosevelt Elkhorn Ranch historical site.
- 8 single unit camp spurs
- 1 pull-through camp spur
- Camping spurs including picnic table, fire ring and parking area.
- Potable water via water well, hand pump
- Handicap accessible toilets
- Camping fee is $10.00 per night. First come, first serve. No reservations.